The Mountain Depression study is evaluating an investigational oral medication to see if it reduces symptoms of moderate-to-severe depression in adults.
The investigational oral medication is thought to target the brain in a new way. It is being studied as a two-week treatment to understand its effects on depressive symptoms.
If you haven’t found a treatment that’s right for you, this research study may be an option.
How to qualify
You may be eligible if you are:
- 18 to 65 years old
- currently experiencing a moderate-to-severe episode of depression
Final eligibility is determined during a screening visit at the study site. During this visit, you will:
- meet with the study doctor and staff
- review additional information
- have an initial evaluation and undergo tests
- complete study questionnaires
If you qualify and decide to participate:
- a study doctor will closely monitor you, your symptoms and overall health
- all study-related procedures and medication will be provided at no cost
- transportation may be provided if you need assistance
- if you are currently taking antidepressants, you may be able to stay on your current depression medication during the study
For more information or to see if you qualify, please call us in Maitland at 813-563-6009 today!