2135 Harden Boulevard
Lakeland, FL 33803
Hours of Operation:
8 am to 5 pm
James Andersen, MD is a board certified physician and a Diplomate, Emeritus, American Board of Family Practice and a Diplomate, American Board of Addiction Medicine. He has held the position of Medical Review Officer for the AAMRO since 1995. He served as a director for the Florida Academy of Family Physicians and has been conducting clinical trials in multi-therapeutic areas with Meridien Research for more than 5 years.
Certified raters have extensive experience with C-SSRS, MHOWS, CSDD, NPI, MMSE, MHIS, CGI, CGI-I, CGI-S, OOWS, BDI-II, DSM-IV, and Tophi Measurement, Ham-D, Ham-A, MADRS, MINI, YMRS, CIBIC, ADAS, WMS-R, CDR, EDSS, SCID and Net-Met batteries.
All site staff has received the following training: OSHA, IATA, CPR, IVRS, SAE, ICH, and GCP. Coordinators are experienced with EDC programs: Phase Forward, RAMOS, INET, IMPALA, Trial Master, In-Form and sponsor-specific programs.
Meridien Research meets or exceeds enrollment goals for the majority of trials. Statistics on screen-failure rates, retention rates and enrollment to goal rates available upon request. Patient recruitment is accomplished primarily through database, print media, radio and television and subject referrals.
CNS/Psychiatry/Neurology/ General Medicine/Gynecology/Gastrointestinal/Endocrine/Sexual Dysfunction/Dermatology/Nutrition/Cardiac/Pain/
Facilities & Equipment:
- 10,000 square feet of dedicated research center/8 exam rooms
- -20 degree freezers
- -80 degree freezers
- Interpretive ECG machine
- Dedicated monitoring spaces with phone lines and high speed internet access
- CT/MRI scan, PET scans, mammograms, endoscopy, with immediate scheduling at hospital and outpatient radiology center
- Echocardiograms and bladder scans performed by outside company on site
- Central locked temperature controlled drug storage area
- Central security system
- Dedicated classroom
- On site laboratory – Waived CLIA
- T 1 internet access/wireless internet throughout the office
Site director, regulatory specialist, 1 recruitment specialist, 2 FT clinical research coordinators (CRCs), lab coordinator, front desk coordinator, research assistants.
Meridien Research’s Lakeland site is located 45 minutes from the Tampa International Airport off I-4 and FL-570, convenient for study subjects from Lakeland, Plant City, Tampa and Orlando.