Men face a wide variety of health concerns ranging from heart disease, hypertension, diabetes and low testosterone, to depression and other mental illnesses. Men aged 15-19 are 3 times more likely to commit suicide and men aged 20-24 are 5 times more likely to commit suicide compared to acheter du cialis en ligne women. On average, men live 5 years less than women.
Part of this is because men are more likely to go long periods of time without going to the doctor, they’re less likely to adopt preventive health measures, and are more apt to engage more in risky behaviors. (http://www.menshealthresourcecenter)
Regular checkups and age-appropriate screenings are essential to improving men’s health and reducing premature death and disability. However, men are half as likely to visit a doctor for a check-up as women are, and there are over 7 million American men who haven’t seen a doctor in over 10 years.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY AND LENGTH OF YOUR LIFE (http://www.menshealthnetwork.org/lib.php?u=470&doc=blueprint.pdf)
- Eat a varied diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat foods.
- Be especially careful to limit cholesterol intake and avoid saturated fats.
- Moderate exercise for 30 minutes five times a week, or vigorous exercise for 20 minutes three times a week.
- Protect yourself from the sun.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day.
- Limit alcohol to two drinks per day.
- Don’t smoke, and minimize your exposure to second-hand smoke.
- See your doctor regularly.
- Know your family history and discuss it with your doctor.
- If you are over 40, get a baseline PSA (prostate specific antigen) test and monitor this periodically with your doctor.
- Practice safe sex.
- Wear a seatbelt whenever you’re in the car, and a helmet when on a motor cycle or bicycle.
- Manage your stress.
- Get help if you need it.
Looking after your health is important and encouraging the men in your life to get yearly physicals can help prevent disorders that can drastically affect their lives. From blood-pressure issues to diabetes, tackling the problem head-on and detecting it early is always the best option.
NOTE: If you or a man close to you are dealing with health conditions or have already been diagnosed and are looking for alternative solutions, please contact Meridien Research. We offer clinical trials with the intent of helping people find better quality of life through our research. Meridien Research offers multiple locations throughout Florida so you can have easy access to the medical care you deserve. Call 888-777-8839 to see if you qualify to be entered in one of our clinical studies.