Beaumont Business Center
5411 Beaumont Center Boulevard, Suite 760
Tampa, FL 33634
Site Director: Jennifer McCaffrey
Hours of Operation: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Principal Investigator: Cynthia Huffman, MD – Neurologist , board-certified by the American College of Psychiatry and Neurology. During her years with Meridien Research, Dr. Cynthia Huffman has been a Principal Investigator and sub-investigator for over 100 clinical trials. Although Dr. Huffman specializes in CNS trials, her broad range of investigation includes studies in multiple sclerosis, age associated memory impairment, mild cognitive impairment, generalized anxiety disorder, depression, post herpetic neuralgia, diabetic peripheral neuralgia, insomnia, Alzheimer’s disease, dermatology, gynecology, internal medicine, rheumatology, gastroenterology and endocrinology.
Leopoldo Grauer, MD – board certified Gastroenterology
Wallace G. Wilkerson, MD – board certified Gynecologist
Jory Williams, MD – board certified Ophthalmologist
Rater Experience: Certified raters have extensive experience with Ham-D, Ham-A, MADRS, MINI, YMRS, CIBIC, ADAS, WMS-R, CDR, EDSS, SCID and Net-Met batteries.
Research Training: All site staff has received the following training: OSHA, IATA, CPR, IVRS, SAE, ICH, and GCP. Coordinators are experienced with EDC programs: Phase Forward, RAMOS, INET, IMPALA, Trial Master, In-Form and sponsor specific programs.
Recruitment Performance: Meridien Research meets or exceeds enrollment goals for the majority of trials. Statistics on screen-failure rates, retention rates and enrollment to goal rates available upon request. Patient recruitment is accomplished primarily through database, print media, radio and television and subject referrals.
Therapeutic Expertise: CNS/Psychiatry/Neurology/ General Medicine/Gynecology/Gastrointestinal/Endocrine/Sexual Dysfunction/Dermatology/Nutrition
Facilities & Equipment:
• 4,400 square feet of dedicated research center/3 exam rooms
• -20 degree freezer
• Interpretive ECG machine
• Dedicated monitoring spaces with high-speed internet access
• CT/MRI scan, mammograms, endoscopy, with immediate scheduling at hospital and outpatient radiology center
• Echocardiograms performed by outside company on site
• Central locked temperature controlled drug storage area
• Central security system
• On site laboratory – Waived CLIA
• T 1 internet access/wireless internet throughout the office
• Staff: Site director, regulatory specialist, recruitment specialist, 4 FT research coordinators, lab coordinator, front desk coordinator, data entry coordinator and research assistants.
The Tampa site is located off Hillsborough Avenue and the Veteran’s Expressway, convenient for study subjects from North Tampa, South Tampa, Brandon and Lakeland. The Tampa site is 5 minutes from Tampa International Airport.