Site Director: Sarah Hollingshead
Hours of Operation: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Principal Investigator: Richard B. Powell, MD, MPH is a Principal Investigator at Meridien Research’s Spring Hill location. He has extensive experience as a Primary Care Physician in Florida and has held roles consulting in health information technology and healthcare regulatory policy. He also served as Medical Director of a program developing innovation in medical care delivery models. Dr. Powell is a graduate of the University of South Florida and served in the Medical Corps of the U.S. Army Reserve and Florida National Guard.
James Andersen, MD – board certified Family Practice
Gigi C. Lefebvre, MD – board certified Family Practice
Rater Experience: Certified raters have extensive experience with Ham-D-17, Ham-A, MADRS, MINI, DSM-IV, C-SSRS, COWS, OOWS, Serotonin Toxicity Scale, YMRS, CGI-I, CGI-S, CIBIC, CSDD, MHIS, ADAS-Cog, ADAS-CGIC, ADCS-ADL, FAQ, MAC-Q, QoL-AD, RUD-Lite, MMSE, CANTAB, SIB, WMS-R, WASI, CDR-SB, ZBI, Cognitive Test Battery (computer base), Psychologix computer testing, NPI, SCID and Net-Met batteries.
Research Training: All site staff has received the following training: OSHA, IATA, CPR, IVRS, SAE, ICH, and GCP. Coordinators are experienced with EDC programs: Phase Forward, RAMOS, INET, IMPALA, iMedidata, RAVE, DataLabs, Trial Master, In-Form and sponsor specific programs.
Recruitment Performance: Meridien Research meets or exceeds enrollment goals for the majority of trials. Statistics on screen-failure rates, retention rates and enrollment to goal rates available upon request. Patient recruitment is accomplished primarily through database, print media, radio, website, television, social media, networking, community outreach and subject referrals.
Therapeutic Expertise: CNS/Psychiatry/Neurology/ General Medicine/Gynecology/Gastrointestinal/Endocrine/Sexual Dysfunction/Dermatology/Nutrition/Weight Loss/Pain/Cardiovascular Risk
Facilities & Equipment:
• 3300 square feet of dedicated research center/2 exam rooms
• -70° degree freezer
• -20° degree freezer
• Refrigerator in lab area
• Ambient & Refrigerated Centrifuges
• Interpretive ECG machine
• Dedicated monitoring spaces with phone lines, high speed wireless internet access
• CT/MRI scan, PET scans, lumbar punctures, mammograms, opthalmology, endoscopy, with immediate scheduling at hospital, Endoscopy Center, and outpatient radiology center
• Echocardiograms performed by outside company on site
• Central locked temperature controlled drug storage area that includes refrigerator for IP storage with a double-locked, temperature-controlled storage area for controlled substances.
• Central security system
• On site laboratory – Waived CLIA
• T1 internet access/wireless internet throughout the office
Staff: Site director, regulatory specialist, recruitment specialist, 4 FT research coordinators, lab coordinator and front desk coordinator.
The Spring Hill site is located just off the Suncoast Parkway (Toll Road 589), approximately 45 minutes from the Tampa International Airport.